Female Support Workers
Female Support Workers
Guildford & Cranleigh area
Full time hours (37.5 per week) working across a rolling shift pattern including weekends and sleep-in nights
I am working with a vibrant organisation which provides support services for young people with learning disabilities to access social activities and lead independent, fulfilling lives. One of their services is a supported living service, which provides personalised support and one to one care for young people, within a shared accommodation environment.
If you are looking to have a career with helping young people to fulfil their potential, then I would like to hear from you.
- Establishing and maintaining professional and trusting relationships with the young person.
- Establishing rapport with the family, specifically relating to care management.
- Acting as a confidant, managing personal, domestic, social and psychological needs.
- Offer one to one personalised support to a young person with a learning disability. Take part in activities within the home and in other locations.
- Ensure they have a full and active life (inc. socialising, accessing learning and work placements, housework, cooking, shopping, personal administration and attending appointments).
- Providing personal care (assisting with washing, feeding or dressing).
- Provide regular feedback on the progress made.
- Work as part of the team, maintaining clear accurate records and good working relationships.
- Ensuring safety of the young person.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times except in the event of a safeguarding issue.
- Complete and update the support plan on a regular basis.
- Transport the young person in your vehicle and maintain a transport log.
- Reporting inappropriate behaviour or accidents.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Demonstrate an understanding of equal opportunities, respect, individuality and promoting independence.
- Clear communication skills both verbal and written.
- Due to the nature of this work, all applicants must be female.
- Experience of working with special needs or with care provision.
- Experience of assisting with medication.
- Have an understanding of learning disabilities.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Heath Sciences or Psychology education.
Shifts will be focused around the following hours:
8am - 3.30pm
3.30pm - 10pm
10pm - 5.30am
Induction and full training will be provided.
Successful applications will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.