Business Industrial Placement
We have openings in our Client Relations and Middle Office/Operations teams. Both teams are integral to provide our clients with a smooth customer journey. The Client Relations team specialises in on-boarding our clients to help get them ready to start trading with us. To do this we need to perform due diligence/KYC checks on clients by gathering documentation from them. Our middle office team manages a smooth post trade life cycle ensuring that our customers money reaches its destination on time. Where issues do arise, they are the first point of contact to help solve the problem.
What you will do:
Depending on which placement you opt to do, some examples of your responsibilities are below
- Monitoring settlement of spot and forward trades
- Dealing with client inquiries
- Resolving payment issues such as returns
- Monitoring the Middle Office Inbox and actioning email
- Covering of open positions, booking Swaps, updating forward rates & checking that trades are booked correctly
- Managing a compliance mailbox where requests are sent to you from internal teams
- You will interact with customers on the phone and via email to resolve a broad range of issues that either prevent a trade from taking place or help us to meet our compliance obligations
- Requesting additional anti-money laundering documents, business invoices and resolving payment queries to ensure smooth and timely trades for our clients
You will be:
- Extremely well organised and a keen eye for detail, an excellent multi-tasker; ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic, with hunger, drive and ambition to make this opportunity a tangible success
- Ability to input large volumes of data through our in-house system
- Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative to see tasks through to completion
- Solutions focused
- Strong numerical skills
What you will get:
- Basic salary: £21,000 per annum
- Benefits include, season ticket loan, company pension scheme, health cover and employee retail discounts
- A fun working environment based in central London
- Free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day and more!
Please apply via the link below. If you are successful in the initial stage, we will arrange a phone interview. Following a successful phone interview, you will be invited to an Assessment centre here at the World first offices.
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, rapidly-growing international FinTech business. Experts in international currencies and money transfer, we combine specialist knowledge of foreign exchange markets with technological innovation to help individuals, businesses and partners manage cross border currency payments quickly, securely and transparently. We employ c.600 people across six international offices in London, Amsterdam, Sydney, Austin, Singapore and Hong Kong.