Junior Designer - Video Advertising - London
Our client is an enterprise software company specialising in digital branding for the world's leading publishers and brands. With 30 offices worldwide and over 450 employees, our client can offer a truly global video solution.
This is a 6 month paid internship. Salary: National Minimum Wage.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The Designer will conceptualise, design and produce cutting edge designs for video, mobile and interactive display ad units using the company Studio to deliver our clients exceptional and innovative advertising solutions.
Reporting into the Operations director, the Designer will be working very closely with our Sales, Account Management and Ad Operations team in both a pre-sale and post-sale capacity.
How you can expect to spend your day:
- Project manage each design build from start to finish
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Work closely with members of all departments, primarily Sales, Account Management and Ad Operations, to gather project specs and understand client's KPIs and objectives
- Job split is approximately - 40% design, 40% build (Mobile, Tablet, desktop), 10% Teads product/technical development and prototyping, 10% coordination
- Design/animate ad formats, skins and microsites
- Develop mobile/responsive design solutions
- Creating custom solutions for client requirements
- Build prototypes and demos for new or existing products
- Testing designs on multiple devices and ensuring browser compatibility
- Guide the team on best technical practices
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Strong communication and multitasking skills and be able to work within a fast-paced, high pressure, team-oriented environment.
- You must be hungry to work with the latest technologies and use your initiative to come up with unique designs and new ideas whilst ensuring best practice, usability and accessibility.
- Keen eye for designing, with creative flair primarily in Photoshop
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creative output and projects
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with exceptional time management skills
- Commercial experience in online design and coding
- The ability to demonstrate a real passion for what you do, and eager to exercise creative freedom
- Motivated, friendly and approachable
- PHP/mySQL database experience a plus
- Video compression, editing and effects
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- We take the time to fully train interns. Ideas and new project pitches are welcome and we have a culture of transparency and direct feedback.
- As one of few companies doing Programmatic Native Video on a worldwide basis, we are at the forefront of the transformation of the advertising industry.
- With over 450 employees spread throughout 26 offices globally, $55m raised in funding since its inception, revenues of $144m in 2015 and an ambitious strategic plan for the years to come, we have many exciting and rewarding career opportunities for bright graduates.
- Free fruit, coffee, tea, breakfast, ping-pong table, PlayStation, excellent central London location with brand new office and roof terrace