Property Fund Accounting Manager - London
PROPERTY FUND ACCOUNTING MANAGER - LONDON - £75,000 - £80,000 + package - OUR CLIENT is an International Fund and Investment Manager who have successfully managed investments of institutional and single clients as well as family offices and pension funds. The company has an excellent reputation for providing expertise across all principal asset classes and for multiple funds in the UK and Internationally. Due to a restructure, they are looking for a Property Fund Accounting Manager to manage the provision of property fund accounting services for property funds managed by the company.
THE ROLE - will Head up the Property Fund Accounting Team, managing resources and infrastructure to ensure the capability of the function to meet the needs of internal and external clients above all else and will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day performance and long-term career development for all members of the team.
- Working with Operations Senior Management to develop and implementing strategic plans around team staffing, structure, infrastructure and services.
- Working with managers across the business to develop the operational infrastructure to support new products, clients and regulatory requirements.
- Representing the Property Fund Accounting team in key negotiations and discussions with clients and suppliers.
- Providing valid and authoritative challenge to all internal and external clients and suppliers.
- Supervising all business-as-usual activities of the Property Fund Accounting Team, ensuring delivery of a high quality service to internal and external clients.
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting policies are in place and correctly applied.
- Facilitating the provision of subject matter expertise on matters relating to property fund accounting to internal/external clients and suppliers.
- Managing the production of accurate and timely annual financial statements, quarterly management accounts and financial information for investors to tight deadlines, and to review and sign off the output before onward transmission.
- Ensuring relevant property funds are taken successfully through the audit process in a timely manner.
- Managing the production of fund financial analysis and management information.
- In partnership - proactively developing understanding of all Regulatory, Accounting and Taxation requirements - ensuring changes are incorporated into work processes and procedures.
- Building and maintaining strong business and strategic relationships with other internal functions.
- Formal and day-to-day relationship management of external suppliers of property accounting and management services and software, including agreement of and compliance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Owning and managing the Risk Register and Controls, taking responsibility for reporting on and completing audit actions and liaising with Group Internal Audit.
- Ensuring that Property Fund Accounting operates a successful, delivery focussed continuous improvement culture in relation to its processes and procedures.
- Performing the role as Business Owner on projects involving property operations and products.
THE PERSON: In order, to apply you MUST be educated to degree level, hold a professional qualification in accounting and have very strong technical accounting experience. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS as well as VAT, Tax and Property Investment Fund accounting experience. This role is strongly suited to someone with excellent communication skills and able to build effective relationships with external third parties and service providers as well as managing, coaching and developing internal staff and displaying quality soft skills. This is an excellent opportunity for a natural leader and ambitious candidate to join an established and successful firm.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.