Early Years Childcare Assessor
OVERVIEW: EARLY YEARS CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
Do you want to become part of a Training organisation that boasts unrivalled staff retention rates? Have you got a background in Early Years at a managerial level and you are from a training/assessor background? If you can say yes to all of the above then look no further than this position for your next career move!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: EARLY YEARS CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
The role is home based and you will be visiting learners in their place of work. The learner caseload is based in and around the Telford, Walsall and Wolverhampton areas. Managing your own diary, you will be responsible for a caseload of 40-45 learners, delivering apprenticeships in Levels 2 and 3 CYPW (Children & Young People's Workforce) and Management, including Functional Skills delivery as part of the full apprenticeship framework.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: EARLY YEARS CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practise and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Train, assess, motivate and support learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications including Apprenticeships and NVQ's within a sector specific area and in a variety of locations and environments / organisations.
- Maximise the use of e-learning and using a variety of assessment methods to ensure learners have the chance to evidence their knowledge in a variety of ways.
- Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved training materials, promoting standardisation, use approved training methods to develop the learner and utilise every opportunity to supporting them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
- Utilise the use of learner's lesson plan to record and endorse the journey the learner has undergone towards achieving their qualification. This along with all other documentation should be completed accurately and timely to support the overall business objective and also to ensure all materials are available on request for audit purposes.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: EARLY YEARS CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- A1 Assessor Award (TAQA, CAVA, A1 etc.) or be willing to work towards
- Strong occupational competence in Early Years, at a supervisory/management level as a Nursery Nurse, Early Years Practioner or a Nursery Manager
- Experience using E-Portfolio systems (desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail/Time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own diary
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: EARLY YEARS CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Teaching Qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd, 7407)
- Verifier Qualification (IQA, V1 or equivalent)
SALARY/BENEFITS: EARLY YEARS CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
Starting salary range between £23k - £25k + 45p per mile paid from home and outstanding employee benefits package including 29 days annual leave + BH's.
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.