MANDARIN speaking Senior Officer - Wealth Management and Private Banking
Job Title: MANDARIN speaking Senior Officer - Wealth Management and Private Banking
Skills: Fluent Mandarin and relevant banking business development experience
Salary: To c£35k + BONUS + BENEFITS
Happy Chinese New Year!
This new role is client facing directly managing relationships with High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI). You will be a trusted Private Banker to clients and providing bespoke banking services, lending and wealth structuring, developing a range of services, investment solutions and products across asset classes for a new and emerging client base.
Your main duties:
• Build proactive, long-term relationships and attract new clients with private banking and wealth management needs to the Branch.
• Support the team in providing a high standard client portfolio management offering in the future.
• Provide sophisticated financial advice to the HNWI clientele, Branch management and support staff.
• Manage the relationship with clients, investment managers, third party providers and senior colleagues.
• Prepare business reports and provide clear rationale on areas of potential interest for the organisation.
• Provide insight and develop practical solutions to ensure that all activities appropriate and fit for purpose.
• On-going development of the business team including ad-hoc coaching and performance management.
• Achieve personal and team targets for new clients, new assets and revenues.
• To lead Banking hall customer service team and ensure to provides customers with a pleasant ambience and a memorable experience.
• To undertake additional duties delegated by branch manager when needed
• You will supervise 2 members of staff
• Private banking or wealth management background is essential, and should be able to demonstrate an understanding of how to deal with various high net-worth individuals and stakeholders on a daily basis
• Proven leadership skills with a record of pro-actively leading team members towards achieving set targets - new clients, new assets and revenues.
• Direct experience in investment management specifically UHNWI funds in a high quality Private Banking/Asset Management environment.
• Deliver a broad understanding of financial markets, industry trends and client dynamics.
• Demonstrate a keen understanding of the compliance environment involved in providing future financial advice.
• You will be investment (rather than lending) focussed and have a good knowledge in broad products and services including:
o General banking.
o Secured lending.
o Property based lending, credit and administration.
o Treasury products.
o Investment management strategies and markets.
o Investment advisory.
o Offshore jurisdictions, tax issues and trust structures.
• Direct experience of supporting Chinese clients is a pre-requisite for the role, alongside a good understanding of the dynamics in that market.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.