Secondary SEN Class Teacher
Are you a specialist SEN Teacher? Do you have experience delivering imaginative and highly differentiated lessons to children and young people with complex learning needs? Are you look for a new and exciting role to lead a team in developing and delivering a new secondary curriculum?
Application Deadline: 13th February
Start date: April 2017 or earlier
Salary: Competitive - £27,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience and responsibilities) + pension
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting and unique venture; a school built around celebrating the individual strengths of each student. Frederick Hugh House is an independent, special school in the Royal Borough of Chelsea, imbued with a combination of inspiration, aspiration and innovation.
We opened our doors in 2010 providing an all through, specialist education for children any young people that require individual, integrated educational and therapeutic programmes within a small class and a small school setting. Frederick Hugh House provides a personalised education with a rich, broad and balanced curriculum combined with in-house therapy services.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced teacher with a deep knowledge of and commitment to educational provision for students with additional and complex learning needs. The successful candidate will lead teaching and learning in our secondary department;
- developing an exciting and progressive KS4+ curriculum to enable the students to gain independence and life skills.
- demonstrating outstanding teaching practice in a variety of subjects across the secondary curriculum, including the delivery of ASDAN modules
- delivering training and workshops to other multidisciplinary staff
- managing certification/qualification routes for students with the support of senior leadership and other staff
- forging links with other educational institutions (e.g. further education colleges) to enable students to benefit from additional facilities and/or training opportunities
A full job description and person specification is available on request - office @frederickhughhouse.com
- Good honours degree
- Experience teaching in a special school setting
- Secondary school experience
- Experience teaching across the curriculum
- Previous subject lead responsibilities
- Experience managing challenging behaviour
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Further qualification in special educational needs/inclusion
- Experience developing policy
- Experience designing and implementing a new curriculum
- Previous multidisciplinary team working
- Experience delivering ASDAN modules
It is important that applicants have prior experience of teaching in a special secondary school and are confident in taking a lead in curriculum/policy writing and delivery (alongside the senior leadership team).
The successful candidate will receive:
- A comprehensive induction
- Multiple opportunities for funded professional development
- Extensive PPA & Leadership time
- A purpose built and well-resourcedwork environment
- Competitive pension contributions
- Up to 15 weeks paid school holidays per annum
- Being part of a highly motivated and friendly multidisciplinary team
- Staff Bicycle travel scheme
Applicants are invited to look at the school website before applying.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to complete an application form and prepare and submit with their application, a lesson plan for an English or a Maths lesson for a class of students working between P7 and Level 1 of the National Curriculum.
Frederick Hugh House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work at the school is expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory fully enhanced DBS check and references being received.