This is a very exciting time to be joining Network Homes. With 19,300 properties, a turnover of £155m and a substantial development and sales programme, we never stand still. We have a clear and realistic view of where we are as an organisation and where we need to get to.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Neighbourhood Services team for housing professionals with a strong commitment to our values and a real desire to support our tenants and service users in all areas of their lives. As a Neighbourhood Officer, you will:-
- Ensure the housing management and environmental services provided to residents is of an excellent standard and conforms to relevant statutory requirements and best practice
- Deliver housing services that are inclusive and accessible to our vulnerable customers
- Work closely with other organisations to ensure crime and anti-social behaviour (ASB) is kept down, ensuring all complaints, incidents of ASB and harassment are investigated and dealt with in accordance with policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for service improvements and make recommendations therein
- Ensure changes are introduced and implemented effectively and efficiently in the area maximising opportunities for resident engagement and consultation, including voluntary sector groups and the wider community
- Monitor budgets for which you are responsible within timescales and ensure expenditure is in accordance with budget, procedures and levels of delegated authority and audit requirements, taking action when discrepancies occur
- Negotiate services for estate management whilst ensuring all buildings maintenance is completed to a high standard, at all times including refurbishment and redevelopment, providing value for money
- Attend meetings and case conferences with partner agencies as required
- Active involvement in new development projects from initial resident engagement, pre-planning stage, to handover of properties, including identifying and managing associated service
- Proactively conduct Tenancy Reviews and audits ensuring targets are met and where possible exceeded.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation and local policies and relevant training in a housing or social or customer care background
- Knowledge of administration procedures connected with Housing and a in-depth understanding of Housing computerised software systems with ability in creating service charges
- Knowledge of Social Housing best working practices and specialist knowledge and understanding of how to deal with anti-social behaviour.
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills - written and verbal
- Accurate administration skills, with a thorough approach to casework, and the ability to prioritise and manage workload in a busy environment, to meet deadlines
- The ability to work under pressure whilst problem solving and dealing with challenging situation in a sensitive and creative manner
- Previous experience or knowledge of working in social housing
- Public contact in a wide variety of circumstances, with the ability to deal with difficult and aggressive behaviour
- Assertiveness and negotiating skills
- Experience of using a wide range of relevant IT
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time of sustained growth and exciting change for the organisation, when you can have a personal impact on our success. We are committed to your professional and personal development and our training packages are tailored to individual requirements.
We look forward to recieving your application.