Group Reporting Accountant
Royal London Group
Group Reporting Accountant - Wilmslow
Salary c. £36,000 - £54,000 + Excellent Benefits
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,179 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £101 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join the Management Reporting Team within FP&A in Wilmslow on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
The team is responsible for delivery of Group MI to the Exec and Board. Output includes the monthly Group Performance Reporting, Group and Divisional Scorecards ,(STIP) bonus target setting, quarterly forecasting and the Medium Term Planning process (MTP).
The purpose of this role is to be central to the monthly reporting process, consolidating the results for the Business units and writing focussed Group commentary which clearly and concisely explains the results. The role will support the development of the MTP process and embedding of the Hyperion Planning (HP) system to ensure maximum efficiency and advantage is driven from this new system.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a variety of different business areas and the opportunity to gain an understanding of the whole business with regular exposure to senior stakeholders. The team member will also help the team develop its current offering to add further value to the business and Group Finance.
- Producing and developing reports which are business focussed and value added - insightful MI reports covering the Group Performance Review, Group Finance Director Report and Group Balanced Scorecard.
- Assisting in the use and development of HP as it is rolled out to cover GPR, scorecard and quarterly forecasting.
- Ownership and delivery of the weekly Group Flash Report.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the internal to the external financial results.
- Heavily involved in the MTP, target setting (typically five years) and quarterly forecasting process. Working closely with the business partners, Risk, Capital and Strategy teams to ensure that the MTP Board document is a comprehensive analysis of the Group's financial plan.
- Responsible for consolidating the Group results for budgeting and forecasting in HP, ensuring controls over input and outputs, validation of data and review of results.
- Responsible for controlling a Risk and Opportunities schedule with Actuarial colleagues and External reporting team, to ensure forecasting captures all material anticipated impacts on the business.
- Responsible for producing the STIP target and monitoring papers for Board and RemCo.
- Provision of ad hoc support and input to Projects.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with experience of Management Accounting.
- Strong IT / System skills - Advanced Excel and Word PowerPoint would be beneficial
- Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively.
- Excellent business partnering skills - ability to influence and build working relationships.
- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong report writing, MI & data analysis skills.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact /