Development Team Manager
Our client is one of the UK’s largest judicial services groups and is in the process of investing a significant budget in its IT systems in order to maintain its position as a market leader. This is a great opportunity to join a very pro-IT business within a role where you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and work predominantly in greenfield development.
The role of Development Team Manager, whilst being highly technical and hands-on capable, is to lead internal development activity, predominantly in Microsoft technologies. This will require you to plan, coordinate and lead team activities across the full delivery lifecycle, and will include working closely with architects, developers, testers, the companies Project Management and Business Analysis teams, as well as liaising with key stakeholders as required.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of your team’s development activity. Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code level.
This role offers challenges across a wide variety of responsibilities, including the use of industry standards in methodology, process, design, code quality, etc, as well as influencing the future direction of the development strategy and systems used across the business.
You must have a proven technical capability and a track record in software development combined with experience in the leadership of software development teams and delivery within an Agile software development environment. The job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and can independently deliver results on both departmental and business projects.
- More than 10 years of IT experience, with at least 5 years of experience in the areas of Technology development with a Microsoft platform.
- Strong technical background across a variety of disciplines with the ability to articulate business value
- Advanced understanding of technical principles and practices
- Lengthy development experience and demonstrable experience of working with a dynamic team with advanced understanding of technical development environments
- Experience in resource/people management
- Understanding of business to technology mapping
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Acting as lead technical resource, working with the development team in large or complex programmes
- Good with documentation both high level and low level design
- Financially aware, proven ability to manage budgets and forecasting
- Team management experience from direct reports to matrix management
- Technology breadth covering Cloud, Infrastructure, integration, information mgmt., applications, business processes, channels and security, configuration & release management, and operational considerations such as monitoring
- Knowledge in designing and implementing cloud based development solutions such as Azure.
- Fully capable of designing solutions, presenting these, understand the costs and benefits associated with the solutions.
- Build and maintain Customer/Supplier relationships
- Produce management and reports to an agreed schedule or upon request
- Project Management qualified such as Agile or PRINCE 2
- IT Security framework certification such as COBIT 5 or similar
- ITIL v2/V3 Foundation
- Use of different Service Desk tools ideal
- Full UK driving license.