Catering Manager - Boarding Houses
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your catering career in a prestigious environment. As Catering Manager, you will lead the delivery of catering services within 13 of the boarding houses at Eton College. Working closely with the Eton Catering Director, you will lead the boarding house kitchens to deliver food services to approx. 55 boys per house.
This is a beautiful environment to work in, and a great opportunity for you build rewarding relationships with both the college and Sodexo, showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business. Elements of this role are “hands on” so a strong craft background is essential.
- Efficient management of 13 boarding house catering services, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks for up to 55 students per house and ensuring high standards of quality and customer service.
- Ensure consistency of service and standards across the houses, implementing service improvement and creative solutions where required
- Effectively work across both Sodexo and Eton College teams to build profitable long term relationships and support the college objectives
- Work with Chefs to ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Previous experience in a Catering or Chef Manager role, ideally with experience of boarding houses or equivalent operations
- Experienced within the catering industry, ideally from a Schools, Hotels or equivalent background
- Strong craft background and a flair & passion for good food
- Tenacity, flexibility, diplomacy and patience
- A proven ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders – Eton clients, House Master, Dames, boys in a boarding environment and their parents
- Able to problem solve, find creative solutions, be proactive in identifying risks and take mitigating action with the other stakeholders.
- Good financial awareness
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
catering manager, chef manager, head chef, Eton, Windsor, hospitality, boarding house manager, house manager