Junior Metals Trader
An SME trading business active in the metals, packaging and food industries is seeking a junior metals trader to join their packaging division to trade in packaging steels, components and allied products.
Supporting the department manager, the role will spend up to the first year becoming acquainted with the business and its operations, before then progressing towards a front office trading role - maintaining and growing the business in export to the Middle East, North African, European and Latin American markets.
The role would suit someone with a strong interest in the metals or packaging industries, looking for a role with excellent long term career development, learning and growth. Ideally an applicant will also have had either internships in a trading business, or up to 2 years of commercial business experience.
Preference for a Spanish and/or Portuguese speaker, though this is not essential.
LOCATION: near Baker Street Station
- Responsible for maintaining and developing a sustainable and profitable business in metal packaging products; after demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of international trade and the operations of the metals department
- Deputising for the Department Manager in all trading activities
- Responding to enquiries and queries, securing offers from mills, and negotiating sales with customers directly and through company group regional offices
- Liaising with the international factories for product procurement
- Ensuring that the order book is managed from mill contract through to shipment, thereby ensuring that customer’s stock requirements is sufficient
- Work closely with operational support staff, with particular importance on a close working relationship with the documentary coordinator and shipping manager, ensuring a two way flow of information and maintaining the disciplines to allow effective risk management
- Provide regular analysis of market potential and accurate economic data on customer markets
- Overseas travel is a necessary and regular aspect of the workload
- University degree in a business subject such as international trade or related
- A genuine interest in the international global commodities trading
- Internships, or up to 2 years’ experience in commercial business
- An outgoing, confident, communicative, dynamic personality
- Preferably Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking
- Happy and confident to travel internationally for business
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 2 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs.