Technical Architect/Development Manager Agile Environment
We are looking for a Development Manager/Technical Architect for what is both a managerial and operational role responsible for development across the groups product delivery teams.
The role includes leading the delivery teams three core products and align their delivery methodologies, technical architecture and tool set as appropriate to the team and product.
The Development Manager will support transformation to a more agile development approach working closely with each of the delivery teams to ensure the appropriate use of lean methodologies with regards to scheduling of work, generation of specifications, automation of testing, continuous integration and deployment. The development manager will coach the teams in their transformation.
The Development manager will also play a role in overseeing the evolution of each of the product architectures
- To lead all the development teams in a coherent manner to ensure similar processes and integration exists.
- Agile coaching of teams - hands on help in getting product delivery teams to adopt agile development methodologies
- Oversee team's capacity management, estimations and improvement including monitoring of delivery metrics
- Define the development methodologies including, estimating, specifications, testing, deployment
- Systems Architecture - long term plan to align technical architecture with development and systems strategy
- Introduction of new technologies where appropriate to evolve the product (Monitoring, analysis, bespoke services)
- Introduction of a service based, API driven architecture to abstract core functionality away from the database
- Recommend and Run proof of concepts where new technology is deemed appropriate
- Management of technology teams including mentoring, assessment and training
- Lead one or more delivery teams including UI/UX, BA, Test and development.
- Practical application of agile delivery across the entire software delivery process
- Detailed working experience of Scrum and Kanban
- Detailed working experience of test driven development including generation of specifications and automation of testing (unit and regression)
- Have worked in a development environment using / introduced continuous integration and delivery.
- Familiar with service based architecture and ideally been involved in migration away from database centric monolithic architecture to an open API driven platform.
- Broad technology experience including
- Oracle / PSSQL
- Web services - API's etc.
- Cloud - horizontal scaling
- Unix based platforms
- Application Monitoring
- NOSQL Databases
Worked or managed a Dev Ops environment working with agile teams