PMO Manager - Digital
Transport is a rapidly changing industry. The way people consume travel and their requirements while on the move are increasingly diverse. To ensure we maintain our position as a leading transport organisation we’re undergoing a wide-ranging digital transformation aimed at embracing the many and varied opportunities digital presents.
With ambitious plans in terms of both scope and timescale, we are in the process of implementing a new delivery structure. To ensure this is effective, we are looking to recruit a talented and tenacious PMO Manager who will help define, set up and manage a new PMO structure.
As a newly created position, no two days will be the same and the role will undertake strategic work to set up the PMO and basic portfolio administration in equal measure. As such, you will be an ambitious PMO professional with excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills, with great attention to detail. You will be a hands-on practitioner with experience within a business change / digital transformational environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the Head of Portfolio to create and maintain portfolio standards, methodologies and tools to ensure portfolio delivery performance is effectively managed.
- Be the champion of PMO best practice, promoting this culture across Stagecoach Group examples of which include a standardisation of governance, project life cycles, reporting, statuses etc.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and finance colleagues from across our Group to ensure the reporting cycle is completed, providing one true version of the portfolio status.
- Pro-actively identify, manage and escalate risks and issues.
- Provide ad-hoc progress reports and updates to stakeholders across the Group.
- Provide general day-to-day portfolio administration support to the senior leadership team as required.
- Support the Portfolio Change Control process.
- Ensure tracking of project costs including contractors, project suppliers etc.
- Maintaining resource planning.
Who are we looking for?
- Working in a similar senior portfolio / programme administration position.
- Taking complex sets of information and report in a visually appealing, engaging and clear manner.
- Identifying and track risks and issues at a Portfolio level.
- Resource planning and monitoring.
- Working within either a digital transformation or business change environment an advantage.
- Working in a Group environment would be advantageous, but not essential.
- MS toolset including MS Project and collaboration tools.
- Agile, waterfall and hybrid project methodologies.
- You may have not yet set a PMO however you will be able to demonstrate the knowledge of what a successful structure and responsibilities would look like.
- High degree of self-organisation, motivation and self-reliance.
- Ability to successfully manage the expectations of and communicate with a wide variety of senior stakeholders.
- A stickler for detail, you will demonstrate a passion for delivering regular detailed, quality driven reporting.
- Demonstrable experience of being a strong team player.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Provide clarity in areas of ambiguity to support decision making.
In return for your skills and experience, we’re offering a competitive salary and benefits package. As important, is the opportunity to work in a role that will have significant influence in shaping the future of our organisation while working in an industry sector at the beginning of an exciting period of transformation.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you believe your experience is relevant for this role by Wednesday 22nd February 2017.
Telephone interviews will be held week beginning 27th February 2017 with face-to-face interviews being held week beginning 6th March 2017.
About Stagecoach Group
With a £3.8bn turnover, 39,000 employees and 3 million customer journeys each day, we are a leading international transportation group with rail, bus and coach operations across the UK, mainland Europe and North America.