Business Intelligence Analyst - Herfordshire - £35k - £40k - Immediate Start
Provide technical Business Analysis of user requirements from interaction with non-technical users.
Analyse user requirements to define and design solutions.
Write code (T-SQL) to extract and manipulate relevant data.
Develop reports in appropriate technology, e.g. SSRS, PerformancePoint, Excel, etc., to display the information.
Produce high value data analysis; deliver insights to support management decision making and account relationships.
Provide relevant user training (e.g. in Excel) for information gathering and analysis from existing reporting sources.
Integrate into project teams; represent BI requirements and practices for new project developments.
Maintain reporting data and structures.
Essential Skills required from the Business Intelligence Analyst:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008R2 technologies:
- Proficient in BI tools, e.g. report builders, ad-hoc queries, dashboards and data mining.
- Experience of delivering BI projects, including full project life cycle.
- Exceptional working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Experience of Business Analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to use data to provide insights and identify root cause.
It will be a strong advantage if the Business Intelligence Analyst has:
- Experience delivering BI solutions in a SharePoint 2010 environment, including: PerformancePoint, PowerPivot, Excel Services.
- General knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Mining and ETL technologies.
- Experience of MS Access, VB and VBA programming.
- Confidence in all Microsoft Office technologies (Word, Visio, OneNote, Project, PowerPoint, FrontPage).
- Knowledge/ use of ASP & Crystal Reports.
- Solid mathematical and statistical understanding.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- A technically adept, motivated, focused individual with excellent analysis, organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen effectively and interact at all levels within the organisation.
- A confident team player, with the ability to work on own initiative
The Ideal Business Intelligence Analyst will be:
A technically adept, motivated, focused individual with excellent analysis, organisation and planning skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen effectively and interact at all levels within the organisation.
A confident team player, with the ability to work on own initiative.
If you are interested in this Business Intelligence Opportunity please forward your CV to t.thakrar at realstaffing, and call 02077587366 for immediate consideration.
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk