Group Product Manager (Data Quality) / Permanent / £90,000
Group Product Manager (Data Quality) / Permanent / £90,000 / London
The purpose of the Group Product Manager is to manage a given product group (collection of products) through the product lifecycle from concept to retirement. The Group Product Manager is accountable for the longer term performance, vision and strategy for their assigned group. They set the vision and strategy and work with a team of product managers to translate that vision into deliverable release items and work closely with multiple stakeholders to bring products to market.
This role is focused on my client’s set of Data Management solutions which is an emerging and significant growth area for the business, and includes the Pandora product line, a leader in data discovery and profiling. The objective of the Data Management product group is to extend their capability into new markets such as data preparation and data governance, and establish it as a leader in the data quality and management space.
This role is critical to the continued growth of the business and is well aligned to the global business strategy. The role will form a key member of the Product Leadership Team and engage with senior stakeholders across my client’s global business. Suitable candidates will have deep knowledge of data quality and management processes and tools within one or more vertical markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the commercial performance and in life commercial support of the allocated portfolio
- Understand the market, customers and their problems
- Provide input into the overall Product strategy and priorities
- Be an innovative thinker and propose innovative solutions to address current and future customer needs and expectations
- Translate the Product vision into a cohesive strategy that includes build, buy, partner reviews
- Manage the lifecycle of the assigned product portfolio from ideation through to sunsetting including prioritising requirements through commercial rationale and working with commercial stakeholders
- Responsible for delivery of products in their portfolio through working with cross functional stakeholders including development, architecture, user experience and commercial stakeholders
- Responsible for achieving strategic goals and objectives of functional area by providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of product managers as direct reports
- Be the internal expert and external champion for my client’s products
- Work with cross functional teams in support of and championing data across the product portfolio, including its surrounding systems and go to market
- Responsible for driving the evolution and impact of the Global Product Management organisation
All D grades and above needs
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the business.
- Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers.
- Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all of our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer’s means to them and our organisation.
E and below is
- Understand and participate in performance management processes
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.