Employee Engagement Manager
Our client is a leading home furnishing brand with a vision is to create a better everyday life for their customers. Their business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at low prices so that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. They have an amazing brand and culture that gives their people autonomy and an opportunity to thrive in what is a dynamic and fast paced business. They have a number of stores across the UK and a large customer contact centre.
A newly created role, they are now looking for an Employee Engagement Manager to be based at our UK service centre in London with occasional travel. Reporting into the Country HR Manager the Employee engagement Manager will ensure the brand is seen as an employee of choice whilst passionately driving forward the co-worker engagement agenda to ensure a modern, healthy and humanistic working environment for all staff. The Employee Engagement Manager will also actively seek to attract new colleagues who are a fit on brand values, encouraging a platform to perform and winning hearts and minds.
Responsibilities – Employee Engagement Manager
- Ensure that culture and values are a living reality of co-workers through a strategic as well as operational approach, ensuring everyone participates in the relevant activities to make brand culture and values a living reality.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a strong internal communication strategy, fully using employer branding and involving all stakeholders.
- Constantly identifying opportunities to improve the workplace to create better jobs and conditions for the future workforce and the different generations.
- Establishing the brand as a locally responsible employer by leading the People part of “Role in Society”
Diversity and Inclusion approach ensuring the integration in all relevant processes and follow up
- Implement the health and wellbeing approach, securing that it is integrated in to the working environment
- Take the lead within the brand for co-worker feedback and ideas, inspiring the organisation to use VOICE as a tool to improve co-worker engagement and conditions.
- Lead and coordinate the People Review securing all stores are reviewed and learnings are implemented according to brand strategies
- Responsible for the correct implementation of HR policies/procedures, legal oversight and compliance related to employment conditions, health and safety and labour relations
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant external partners
- Lead, develop and follow up the Global Co-worker relations principles
Required Skills – Employee Engagement Manager
- Significant background in Retail, Leisure or Hospitality Operations at a senior level with a strong understanding of HR
- Excellent ability in building relationships and having high levels of influence and personal impact.
- Ability to translate business needs and co-worker needs into long term HR solutions.
- Excellent communication, listening and networking skills
- Strong Influential skills in interdependent environments
- Strategic, tactical and operational thinking with proven results at a senior level
- Huge passion for people and a self determined drive to achieve role objectives
As our Employee Engagement Manager you will understand what we mean when we say “we care about people first!” and why it’s important in creating the best customer experience. You will have a strong proven leadership and influencing skills. You get interdependent leadership because it is natural for you to work through people and involve the many talents. You are able to challenge in a constructive way.You naturally look for better ways of doing things, love to think differently when improving or developing the business and you always aim to create a better every day for our people.
Benefits - In return for your hard work and commitment our client offer a profit related bonus scheme and a number of additional benefits including medical, dental and pension scheme. You will also have a number of potential routes in terms of career progression with the brand.
Apply now to join us as our Employee Engagement Manager