Security Field Engineer
Security Field Engineer
Salary - £32,000 + car or travel allowance, mobile phone and potential additional £5k o/t
Our client is a bespoke CCTV and access control integrator, based in central London and the South east. They are looking for a driven, forward thinking engineer to join their growing engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that invests in people ad encourages employees to progress so that they meet their full potential.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Service and maintain CCTV, access control security systems to specified standards. There will be an element of installation works as the business requires.
- Read job sheets, specification documents, site plans and attend project meetings, (where applicable), and prepare all necessary equipment to complete jobs.
- Perform routine maintenance services.
- Liaise with customers to find out relevant information and keep them informed of job progress.
- Where required, solve practical problems: detect and repair system faults.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements.
- Participate in meetings with external site teams and within own company environment.
- Complete all paperwork, (including time sheets and expenses), to specified standards and submit by stated deadlines.
- Keep the office team updated of job progress and provide them with technical support when required.
- Support colleagues through offering assistance and training when required.
- Consistently update own technical knowledge.
- If applicable, look after company vehicle according to specified standards.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by a Director.
- Exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, wet, extreme cold and heat.
- The surrounding noise level may be high.
- On occasion the employee will work within an office environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a logical approach to resolving technical scenarios.
- Use hand and electrical tools with competence.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with customers.
- Must have knowledge of many latest CCTV and access control systems.
- Must understand the principles of electrics and basic electronic circuits.
- At least 3 years working with either CCTV or access control systems.
- Basic experience of computer networking.
- Must hold a valid driving licence.
- Must pass a security vetting check.
- Must have an up to date ECS card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job .Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Use hands to perform intricate functions and occasionally lift weights up to 50lbs.
- Use close vision.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Work at heights using ladders and cherry picker vehicles and work within confined spaces.
- May be required to drive for long distances.
- Required to work some overtime.
- May be required to stay overnight in hotel accommodation.
- Be prepared to work with minimum supervisor or part of a team.
To apply for the role of Security Field Engineer based in Central London please send a copy of your CV and covering note using the link provided.