Civil Engineer - Water and Environment
We have a great opportunity to join a leading company, who are looking to expand in their Water and Environment team. Following two years of success and growth there are currently looking for Graduate/Assistant Engineer and a Senior Engineer.
Possible location include Manchester / Peterborough / East Grinstead / Sheffield / Basingstoke
As part of your role you will take responsibility for technical delivery on a wide variety of projects, including asset assessment and management plans, design of civil engineering works and site supervision. You will also be responsible for implementing the latest Health and Safety policies and practices, including working in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 in the projects you deliver.
- A robust understanding of civil engineering principles and their practical application with particular knowledge in the water environment
- Experience in the analysis of civil engineering structures
- Quality management experience in delivery of technical work
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Hydraulic analysis, including weirs and gates discharge capacity; hydraulic jump; scour protection etc.
- Finite element modelling using structural analysis packages
- Planning and undertaking asset inspections, including the preparation of safe systems of work
- Site supervision
- Hold a BEng/MEng in a related Engineering field
- Experience in civil, structural or hydraulic engineering.
- You will be able to demonstrate working towards chartership with the relevant institution.
- Working directly for the Environment Agency would be an advantage.
- A valid UK driving licence is essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
and ask for Duane
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.