Teacher of Year 1
FULL TIME CLASS TEACHER - MATERNITY COVER IN YEAR 1
A fantastic Year 1 teacher is needed to join our school for 2 terms from Tuesday 18th April 2017 until December 2017.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning, someone who knows how to value every child and get the best out of them, someone who is prepared to go the extra mile to make things happen.
We are an Ofsted graded ‘Outstanding School’ with a vibrant curriculum themed around enquiries of learning and with a strong emphasis on education for a sustainable future. We are also a growing school, currently we have 3 classes in years R and 1.
This post is being offered on a full time basis and will be offered on the main pay scale for the area - skills, subject knowledge and experience dependant.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory frameworks
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the policies and practice of the workplace, including those designed to promote equality of opportunity.
- Plan for progression across the age and ability range
- Designing effective learning sequences within lessons and across series of lessons informed by secure subject/curriculum knowledge.
- Be flexible, creative and adept at designing learning sequences within lessons and across lessons that are effective and consistently well-matched to learning objectives
- Design opportunities for learners to develop their literacy, numeracy, ICT and thinking and learning skills appropriate within their phase and context.
- Plan, set and assess homework, other out-of-class assignments and coursework for examinations, where appropriate, to sustain learners’ progress and to extend and consolidate their learning
The Ideal Candidate:
Will be a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Year 1, who is committed to providing an inspirational and effective educational experience to all children in their care regardless of ability, background and education needs and have the following essential qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of ongoing professional learning (courses, INSET, action research, personal study)
- High level of ICT experience
- Experience and Skills Outstanding Early Years practitioner
- Proven ability to raise standards to ensure all children make excellent progress
- Experience of using coaching and mentoring to improve the teaching and learning behaviours of others
- The ability to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment
- A deep knowledge of how children learn and what motivates them
- A strong knowledge and practice of working with children with special educational needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with parents
- Proven record of working and engaging with the local community
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Very good time management skills
- Reflective and knows themselves as a learner
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business