Staff Nurse - Cardiac Ward The Wellington Hospital
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Cardiac team. Our cardiac services are led by some of the UK's top heart consultants, and supported by a highly skilled team of cardiac physiologists, radiographers and specialist nurses, giving the hospital the reputation for providing one of the largest private cardiology and cardiothoracic surgical programmes in Europe.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
You will work within our Cardiac ward which is a fast paced 25 bedded unit specialising in angioplasties, pace makers, defibrillators and acute cardiac/medical patients. This ward involves Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery with some liver, vascular and robotics as well as cardiac/medical conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment. This ward also includes 5 day-case beds with a high turnaround of patients.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility on day/night shifts is required throughout Monday - Friday and weekends. The projected salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care for cardiac patients.
* Work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for senior staff in their absence.
* To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times.
* Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
* To record and interpret ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal.
Skills & Experience
* Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
* Experience in the field of Interventional Cardiology and/or Cardiothoracic surgery is advantageous.
* Ability to recognise cardiac rhythms.
* Monitoring experience with knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
* Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team