Service Desk Technician
Salary : £25000 -£28000 per annum
Location : Chandlers Ford / Eastleigh
Hours of work : 8 hours per day on a shift rota between 7am to 7pm but you would be expected to cover hours outside of these in an emergency
Dynamite recruitment are proud to be working in partnership with a very well established technical business based in Chandlers Ford and due to growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Technician to join the already successful team.
This is a busy and challenging role with varied duties and great career prospects for the right people...
This is a Senior Technical role within the Service Team and you will be expected to provide the following
- Engaging with Product Mangers to ensure testing, and documentation is provided before products are released to the team.
- Providing expert knowledge to our sales support team and working with the product managers & Prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
- Providing post install and snagging support
- High level Technical Support to all of the service department
- Providing basic training documentation on new products
- Providing Training and Support to all service teams, both internal and external.
- Basic testing of all new software releases
- Providing documentation and processes to improve the how the service desk support our products.
- Preparing documentation and attending customer service reviews where necessary
- Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7 day week, to ensure we have support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or rollouts.
- Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
- Occasional service desk support will be required, during outages
- Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting IT systems to a high level preferably retail or fuel POS/BOS/EFT systems.
- Task automation and simplification using scripting such as Powershell.
- Network and router configuration and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of basic database administration and sql.
- Awareness of Security, development and IT services best practices (PCI:DSS, ITIL)
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
For further information / to be considered please submit your CV Immediately