IT Support Engineer/Technician/2nd Line Support/IT Service Desk
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: West Hampstead, London
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is a leading IT Managed Service Provider (MSP), based in north London (with great transport links) looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer, to provide IT support for their growing varied customer profile.
The role encompasses providing quality remote and face-to-face IT support to their clients using a broad range of systems across multiple sectors. They offer challenging opportunities to further develop your career.
Passionate about IT and Customer Service, you will be responsible for taking ownership of, and troubleshooting incidents, predicting possible wider issues, building relationships, working with other teams on new developments and being a key part of their growth.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- The candidate will have already worked in a busy IT department and will have a solid understanding of core IT concepts, preferably backed up with appropriate qualifications such as A+, Network+. In particular, they should understand the roles and uses of routers, firewalls and switches, security TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Active Directory is central to many of the environments that we support and the engineer should have experience of user and group administration, working with group policies with an excellent understanding of share permissions.
- The engineer should be able to support and administer a range of applications including current and previous versions of Microsoft Office and a common line of business applications.
- The engineer should be able to support and administer client operating systems including Windows 7/8 and Mac OS and be experienced in building workstations and using images.
- The Engineer should have good understanding of:
- WSUS, VMware, Microsoft Exchange Server, Blackberry Enterprise Server and Citrix/Terminal Server environments both on premise and cloud
- Backup and recovery of Windows, Exchange at file level.
- Remote support of printing issues, mobile devices, telephony systems and EPOS
- The successful candidate must have a keen interest in cloud and developing technologies.
- Strong, proven ability to learn and keen to obtain relevant certifications.
Successful appointed candidate will be able to take advantage of our attractive employee benefits, which include:
- Private Medical Scheme
- Private Pension Scheme
- Travel Loan Scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Paid sick leave allowance
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Manager, 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, IT Trainer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.