Finance Buisness Partner
Finance Business Partner
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus
We are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner to work on a new Permanent opportunity for a FTSE100 engineering and support services business, working out of HMS Collingwood in Fareham.
The organisation are the UKs leading provider of engineering support solutions to the MoD and Armed Forces as well as being market specialist's within other industries such as construction, energy, marine technology, emergency services, network engineering and training. The Finance Business Partner will support and accurately report on the financial performance of specific contracts within a 21 year Sea Training Contract, driving maximum profitability and efficiency.
Key outputs/deliverables will be
- Monthly reconciliation of order book for relevant contracts
- Preparation and collation of financial information for contract review meetings
- Preparation of contract estimated actual costs of completion (EAC's)
- Completion of Balance Sheet reconciliations for all relevant contracts
- Preparation of short term cash forecasts, including working capital analysis and basis of WIP calculations
- Presentation of financial information for management accounts, forecasts, budgets, strategic plan etc.
- Review and ensure customer billing is in line with contract. Provide support and direction to resolve issues as required.
- To own and manage detailed financial models for each relevant contract, updating for budget & forecast processes, including balance sheet assumptions, and ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- To provide financial input into the month end process for each relevant contract, preparing journal inputs and balance sheet reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts as appropriate
- To provide detailed variance analysis for contract movements, including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations, driving and owning the financial performance within relevant contracts
- To support bids and rebids where appropriate, and assume responsibility for integrity of financial data used in bid models and submissions (at all stages of the bid process), ensuring compliance with Group bid policies at all times
- Act as primary finance owner of: Fixed assets, including governance over authorisations for additional capex,
- Act as primary contact for customer and contract manager where financial queries arise
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- PFI Contract experience (Private Finance Initiative) is desirable
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. Navision, IFS, SAP etc.)
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to present complex financial data in a clear and concise manner.
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary £45,000 - £50,000 performance bonus of up to 10%, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours and ongoing career development opportunities. Please apply online or call the recruitment team on for an informal conversation.