Graduate Marketing Specialist- Global Social News Publisher
Our client is the largest global social news publisher – set up in mid-2013, it is now the 144th most visited websites in the world, thanks to 94+ million monthly unique on-site visitors.
Made by the people, for the people, they form a new disruptive concept of journalism. They have readers in five continents and offices in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Milan, Rome, and soon Singapore!
Their News is produced by delocalized freelance contributors, fact-checked and curated by a quality team of senior professionals, and then distributed by a global team of top digital influencers.
All the processes are fuelled by the crowd, without any central newsroom - thanks to an extensive use of technology (the core stages are managed by algorithms, some of which are patent-pending).
This is a permanent graduate job paying £20,000 with £5000 bonus
How you can expect to spend your day;
- Search, identify, and reach out to new potential writers, journalists and freelancers to join in the Target Country
- Deal with Universities and other institutions (e.g., educational) to attract talented and young writers
- Identify and implement direct marketing activities to grow the writing base, e.g. member gets member promotions;
- Encourage the writers to actively contribute to the site
- Support the writers, teaching digital media competences and skills;
- Manage the writer community in the Target Country;
- Ensure that high quality contents are published.
The successful Marketing Specialist/International Community Manager has the career objective to increase the companies market share in the Target Country, organise a dedicated team, and become Country Manager in the Target Country, taking full responsibility of the Target Country.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Strong team-working skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for online media and social journalism
- Desire to make a difference in the web world and a clear knowledge of the latest news and innovation in the industry
- Willingness to contribute to the creation of a new success case, bringing great energy and positive attitude
- Ability to “make things happen", going beyond daily tasks
- Fluency in English is essential
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude, pro-activity and focus on innovation.
- Fluency in either French or German would be a strong advantage