Senior PHP/Symfony2 Developer - Shoreditch - £45,000pa + Flexible hours
My client is passionate about helping people learn! They are the world’s largest educational eBook publisher and specialise in a range of online learning & content marketing solutions.
You will be part of our small DevOps team and be an integral part in updating and adding new features to their main website as well as their client solutions and other internal IT systems. You will work in close cooperation with their developers and top management/founders, which means that you will get a large amount of influence on shaping your task and making it your own.
My client also encourage you and your colleagues to bring your ideas forward for making the product, the technical setup, the code, features etc. better, so that together you can make the company and the customer experience better.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON:
-Maintain and develop new features
- Improve and maintain the new Premium eReader
- Help to maintain various internal IT systems, chiefly API, backoffice and CRM
- Assist in developing client solutions and guaranteeing high product quality
- You bring along a range of skills and are able to jump from one project to another quickly
- You can solve problems independently
- Not afraid to speak your mind
- Technically knowledgeable and with strong focus on well-engineered solutions
- Can work with short deadlines
MUST HAVES (in order of importance):
- PHP - 5 years’ experience minimum
- Solid Git experience
- Symfony2 framework
- Experience developing database driven applications
- Experience with RESTful web APIs
This role is paying circa £45,000 with benefits such as Flexible hours, Office Laptop, Young Business culture, Personal Development, Low hierarchies and more.