Assistant Financial Accountant
Looking for a Trainee Accountant looking to take the next step in their career with study support
Your new company
You will be working for an exciting business based in High Wycombe.
Your new role
Your new role will be to assist the financial accounting team.
- Investigating/defending any chargebacks and processing manual card payments received
- Processing of petty cash, posting relevant journals and liaising with stores for petty cash forms that have not been received
- Management of the Barclays Finance, posting relevant journals
- Preparing the Cash Shorts and Banking Variance Reports for the Loss Prevention team
- Management of social funds, monthly allocation of funds, approving requests, checking balances and posting relevant journals
- Preparing and posting the monthly journals
- Prepare the bulk cash report weekly and investigate any queries, raising bank transfers for income money incorrectly banked
- Barclays Merchant Services - Preparing and posting of the monthly charges and accruals
- Any other ad-hoc requests and queries to help support the finance team
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally, you will have had finance experience for example in a Trainee Accountant position and are currently studying CIMA/ACCA/AAT. You will need to be confident on excel using v-look ups and pivot tables. My client is looking for someone that is hard working, determined and are able to cope well under pressure in a fast paced environment. This is role will suit someone who is able to influence and communicate with others on all levels.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary with study support as well as other company benefits and build your knowledge to help you succeed to become a fully qualified accountant.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.