Assistant Accountant / Operations Manager - Tech SME
Edward Mann are recruiting on behalf of a Dynamic & Fast-Growing Technology business based in Central London. Due to continued growth, our client is now looking to recruit a progressive accounting & operational role.
This vacancy will suit a candidate with some basic bookkeeping/accounting experience, somebody who is also happy to get involved in a whole host of operational office duties whilst developing their accounting skillset under a Finance Director who is committed to personal development.
You’ll join the Operations Team, reporting into the Finance Director, and become integral to the daily operations of the business. The right person will fit well with our team - fun, cheerful, and keen to get involved - as well as being keen to learn and grow into a broad and exciting role.
Accounting to begin with:
- Daily Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable reconciliations
- Managing cash in and out (e.g. payment runs) for both UK and Spanish entities
- Liaising with customer team on outstanding balances and chasing customers for payments
- Supporting preparation of Statutory Accounts and managing overall audit process
- Ownership of subscription billing system
- Preparation and payment of payroll each month
- Other financial admin
Sales & Marketing Operations/ Systems Management
- Working with the head of Sales and Marketing Operations you’ll be critical in supporting both the Sales and Marketing teams with timely reporting.
- Alongside this you’ll become an expert in their systems, creating dashboards to ensure data integrity and smooth running of their Sales and Marketing Teams
- Set up new employees, including preparation of contracts
- Manage and organise personnel records e.g. passports, contracts, contact details and resignation letters.
- Ensuring leavers are properly processed.
- Manage staff holiday time, ensuring clashes are resolved and departments aren’t understaffed as a result of holiday.
- Any other HR areas that arise
- General management of the office ensuring they have what they need when they need it!
…As you develop and the company grows you will take on more responsibility across the finance function, eventually getting involved in:
- Taking ownership of month end process, including preparation of supporting statements and documentation for Spanish entity
- Preparing monthly revenue reconciliation and calculations
- Preparing monthly cash flow
- Owning monthly MRR ("Monthly Recurring Revenue") reconciliation
- Owning three-month cash forecast
- Flagging risks and opportunities
- Managing foreign currency balances
- Working with external tax team to prepare tax and VAT returns
- Supporting wider Ops team as necessary
- Consolidating Group Accounts and preparing monthly commentary
- Supporting creation of budgets
- Good Double-Entry/bookkeeping skills
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable experience
- Candidates must be happy to "pitch in" at any level - assisting with a whole host of duties across the business
- Any experience working in a similar SME environment would be preferable, but not essential
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.