Customer Service Assistant - High Street
Customer Service Assistant
Full Time, Permanent
High Street Branch
A fantastic opportunity is available to work directly with our members within our High Street branch, as a Customer Service Assistant. In this role you will be the face of the Society, responsible for delivering an exceptional customer service by talking to our members and building long term relationships with them. From having conversations with our customers we will be able to help them with their plans through the services we offer.
You will be dealing with customers' transactions by operating the till and handling money in an accurate and professional manner. You will need to understand and comply with all the appropriate legislation and codes of practice, and keep an up to date knowledge of all our products and services.
- Ensuring customer needs are met, through high levels of professional customer service
- Ability to develop long term customer relationships.
- Cashiering duties and cash management
- To work within a branch based environment, as part of a customer driven team.
- Ensure personal goals and branch measures are met.
- Ability to get things right first time through high levels of accuracy and confidentiality
- Consistently and proactively looking at all opportunities to personally develop
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation.
- Effectively identify customer dissatisfaction and resolve at point of contact by always looking for ways to put things right.
- Understand and adhere to all appropriate legislation, codes of practice and internal control requirements.
You will already have strong customer service experience with a positive and flexible approach. People skills are essential in this role, as you will be dealing with our members and working as part of a team. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and cash handling experience is an advantage, but is not essential.
If you are looking for a career within financial services this is a fantastic role and you will receive extensive support, comprehensive training and development. The Coventry offers a variety of career progression opportunities in the Branch Network, Contact Centre and Head Office.
- Recent experience of working within customer service, ideally face to face whether in financial services, retail or other service environments
- You must have a good level of numerical and verbal ability
- Excellent attention to detail and planning and organising skills.
- Flexible, positive, hardworking and driven in nature.
Full time 36.25 hours - Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5pm. With 3 in 4 Saturdays, 8.45am - 12.30pm, paid as overtime.
Branch Opening Hours - Monday - Friday 8.45am - 5pm, Saturdays 8.45am - 4.30pm