Support Worker - Perm role in Hastings
Nurse Plus have now launched our new Supported Living brand - Support Plus
We are currently looking for support staff to work in Hastings to help and support some of our clients who are living within their own homes and need some extra support to maintain and aid their independence.
The people we support are very different in their needs and requirements and many of which have preferences to how they want to be supported and by whom.
Examples of support may include -
• Assistance to maintain their home including bills, learning skills for cooking and cleaning
• Assistance to appointments and day trips
• Reminders to take medication
• Working with families and other support networks
• Help build confidence at home and when out and about
You will be dealing with people with varying needed including learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex care.
Hours: This is a permanent role and a average shift pattern will be in the region of:
3 x day shifts 7am - 4pm
2 x evening shifts 4pm -10pm
1-2 x sleeps a week
We are looking for staff that have drive and motivation and want to make a difference to people lives and homes. Ideally you will:
• Have experience of working with people with support needs
• Have confidence is your ability
• Have good organisational skills
• Have good communication skills
• Be a good time keeper
• Be creative and able to inspire people
• Be able to do shift work including weekends, evenings, some night sleeps and bank holidays
What you will get from us:
• A competitive salary ranging between £15000-17500
• Permanent position
• 28 days Holiday a year including bank holidays
• Quality Training and ongoing personal development
• A Pension Scheme
• Commitment from your manager to ensure you are supported and developed
• Benefit including staff Lottery reward schemes
If you feel that you would like to work with similar people to as described apply today!