This large and continually growing Manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to provide the lead in the provision of accurate, timely and consistent information and insight into the performance of one of the Groups most profitable sites. This is a high performing business and will require the successful Financial Controller to work closely with the Group Controller, as well as the Operations and Senior Management team.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified and will have previous experience of Manufacturing.
This role is based in Birmingham and offers a great opportunity to become part of a high performing team where retention of people is high on the priority list.
The successful Financial Controller will be working for a highly profitable, global Manufacturing business who operate a T/O of close to £5 billion. This role will give the Financial Controller exposure to a very interesting site but also exposure to Operations and the Senior Management team.
As the Financial Controller you will continually improve and manage relationships and information requests from HQ, Central Finance and Operations, and will proactively contribute to the performance of the site by delivering accurate financial information that will aid decision making.
As well as managing and coaching a team of 5, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Monthly & quarterly financial reporting directly into Group Controller where necessary, to ensure accuracy and completeness of all results submitted
- Monitor key performance measures against agreed targets and detail as part of monthly reviews
- Attend Senior Management meetings
- Accuracy and timeliness of all invoicing processes (inward and outbound)
- Drive focus on key measurable - Scrap, program profitability, cost management, working capital management etc.
- Financial lead for government backed project to ensure correct accounting treatment & suitable process controls
- Management of month end preparation & reporting of results - this includes all levels of data analysis (P&L and Balance Sheets) & upload into ERP system
- Analysing all departments and accounts by person with rebilling of costs where necessary
- Ensure completion of all balance sheet reconciliation's on a monthly basis with back-up as per Company requirement
- Prepare & present Cash-flow: Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting to Local Senior Management team
- Present Weekly Flash result explaining deviation to Forecast/Budget
- Ensuring the systems and practices within the site meet with internal and external requirements, highlighting issues where necessary
- Facilitate SOX self-testing within site in line with Company guidelines
- Generate reports/results in an accurate and timely manner as required
- Managing the monthly Sales analysis ensuring all sales and associated sales are reported accurately in ERP system
- Acting as interface to external auditors, managing all aspects of audits as required
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
As the successful Financial Controller you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant (ideally CIMA/ACMA) who has experience of working within a Manufacturing environment.
- Able to identify and drive process change and improvement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage and coach a small team of 5.
- Experience of SOX would be advantageous.
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £65K / £70K
- Car allowance