Infrastructure Delivery Manager
Welcome to a business that is thriving around the world, constantly expanding into new countries, providing customer service levels that are second to none. New employees join this 19billion dollar t/o company and enjoy a range of excellent benefits and hands-on training in a supportive environment with amazing career progression where each employee is keenly encouraged to reach their full potential.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the IT Infrastructure team for an Infrastructure Deliveries Solutions Manager. The position will be based at the European Head Office in Egham and will be working closely with the European and Global IT teams.
Primary responsibility is for defining and managing the components and processes which support the delivery of technical products and services to the branch environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong communicator, highly organised, able to communicate with Senior Management and the Business community on a regular basis. Have the ability to translate technical solutions to a non technical audience.
- Have demonstrable experience working with Infrastructure technologies and a background in managed IT services. The role offers excellent opportunities for learning, career development, training and progression within a growing organisation.
· Manage the lifecycle of technical products and services in conjunction with IT teams and Vendors; from inception through to retirement and the resulting introduction of new/replacement technologies to the Enterprise environment
· Work with Global IT and Vendors to develop technology components and processes.
· Take ownership of specific products lines which will assist IT teams with the implementation of Infrastructure managed services
· Familiarise self with current technologies in the environment, through networking and collaboration with Global IT teams and Vendors
· Able to facilitate and lead meetings between IT teams and Vendors to maintain regular communications about technology/product developments to all stakeholders, Business, IT Management and Partners
· Stay current with technology developments impacting the Enterprise environment, provide updates to stakeholders and initiate resulting needs for upgrades or changes to environment as required
· Establish key performance metrics to review and manage Vendor performance
· Create, update and maintain documentation IT products and services portfolio
·Take ownership and act as a point of escalation for lines of products/services and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Programmes
Work closely with Support teams to integrate/update the introduction of new technologies and the related support processes
· Experience in Project Management role, managing medium to large complex projects is essential, whilst managing multiple efforts
· Strong experience in working with technology services
· Professional project management accreditation is required e.g. Prince2, PMP equivalent and able to demonstrate knowledge of project management concepts
· Good grasp of and aptitude for learning technologies
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Provide subject matter expertise and demonstrate an ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
· Strong leadership, consultative interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player
· Proven track record of successful project delivery in complex end to end and systems integration projects preferred
· Experience and knowledge in the following areas of IT Infrastructure is preferred:
· Network, Cisco, WAN/LAN/WLAN, VPN, Network Security implementations
· Infrastructure systems integrations
· Cloud based solutions, Data Centres, Hosted solutions
· Managed Infrastructure, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
· Managing IT deployments across multiple sites