OVERVIEW: CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
Due to an exciting period of growth, our prestigious client is seeking to appoint an experienced Childcare Assessor to join their existing team. You will ideally need to have previous delivering apprenticeships within the Childcare sector and the relevant occupational background in both Early Years and Health and Social Care.
The role is home based and the learner caseload is predominately located in the Chelmsford and surrounding area.
The role is 3-4 days per week initially.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
The role is home based and you will be visiting learners in their place of work. Managing your own diary, you will be responsible for a caseload of 35-40 learners, delivering apprenticeships in Level 3 CYPW (Children & Young People's Workforce), including Functional Skills delivery as part of the full apprenticeship framework.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practise and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Train, assess, motivate and support learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications including Apprenticeships and NVQ's within a sector specific area and in a variety of locations and environments / organisations.
- Maximise the use of e-learning and using a variety of assessment methods to ensure learners have the chance to evidence their knowledge in a variety of ways.
- Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved training materials, promoting standardisation, use approved training methods to develop the learner and utilise every opportunity to supporting them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
- Utilise the use of learner's lesson plan to record and endorse the journey the learner has undergone towards achieving their qualification. This along with all other documentation should be completed accurately and timely to support the overall business objective and also to ensure all materials are available on request for audit purposes.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- A1 Assessor Award (TAQA, CAVA, A1 etc.)
- Strong occupational competence in Childcare
- Occupational experience in Health and Social Care
- Excellent attention to detail/Time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own diary
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Teaching Qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd, 7407)
- Verifier Qualification (IQA, V1 or equivalent)
SALARY/BENEFITS: CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Starting salary range between £24k - £26k
- 45p per mile travel expenses (paid from the home)
- Excellent fringe benefits with Nationally recognised well established training provider
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.