German Speaking Exhibition Sales Director
Our client is an award winning media company averaging over 40% growth each year for the last six years. They are listed by the Sunday Times as one of the ten fastest growing UK companies in terms of international sales growth over the last three years.
Our client is seeking a German speaking Show Director to take responsibility for the launch of a flagship exhibition based in Germany. We are looking for a natural leader, a sales focused event professional who can take on this event and continue its success and growth. Running a team of one sales manager and two telemarketing execs. Managing key industry relationships and nurturing new ones. Managing major accounts and developing their business. Driving new business development and directing marketing and operations.
- Developing a campaign strategy with the sales team that meets and exceeds targets including overall numbers of exhibitors, exhibitor mix, stand sales, sponsorship inventory, yield and sponsorship revenues
- Leading by example - beyond team target, also responsible for delivering personal sales targets across the event under your management
- Ensure the sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets (outbound call volumes and face-to-face meetings) are met
- Ensure a constant high quality of delivery in all prospect, exhibitor and partner communication ensuring the message is on point.
- Through research, analysis, developing relationships and market intelligence, to implement strategies and initiatives to ensure the on-going growth and sustainability of the event - writing a business plan for the event (updated annually)
- Ensure that marketing strategy is aligned with the event's commercial objectives
- Provide a strategic event floor plan in conjunction with the Operations Manager - designed to meet the budget target and optimise the visitors experience and ensure constant and consistent visitor stand traffic for exhibitors
- Identify and implement (where possible) extra revenue streams and brand extension opportunities
- Overall accountability for setting annual P&L as well as for meeting and exceeding budgeted
- gross and net profit contribution of all four shows
- Ensuring that the PO process is adhered to and any anomalies in the monthly management accounts are spotted early and acted upon
- Day to day management of the event team
- Set clear goals and objectives for all reporting staff
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets (with the aid of CRM applications)
- Create, monitor and evaluate individual bonus plans for the show team
- Complete annual and mid-term staff appraisals as necessary
- Recruit and interview new staff where necessary
- Assess, develop and coach all reporting staff (including identifying bespoke training needs of individuals where necessary)