RMO - Resident Medical Officer - Paediatric Doctor ( SPR level ) - London
On behalf of a prestigious client, sjb medical are recruiting for RMO - Paediatric Doctor ( SPR level ) to join a successful client based in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an award winning clinic specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children.
As a Paediatric Resident Medical Officer you will be involved in Registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care of all children attending a 60-bed paediatric unit, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - up to 2 years Work Hours: Weekly commitment to a rota of regular 12 or 24 hour shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in a highly experienced and specialist multicultural and multidispinary team, alongside leading Consultants and specialist nurses and Paediatric Site Practitioners
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management in the Paediatric Units
- Attend deliveries as required to look after newborns in our maternity unit
- In conjunction with our Neonatal Consultants manage babies on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
Skills & Experience
- You should be medically qualified (MBBS or equivalent) with full GMC registration, and have Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health, or equivalent experience
- Neonatal experience is essential together with up to date certification in advanced life support. On occasions we may be able to provide additional training before taking up the post.
- Neonatal life support (NALS) and paediatric life support (EPLS)
- Exceptional communication skills and compassionate medical skills, ability to work without direct supervision and demonstrate good clinical practice at all times.
- Flexible to the needs of the department, supportive team player and willing to progress and develop.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, please get in contact with SJB Medical directly or simply click Apply and provide us with your most up to date CV for consideration.