Senior Data Officer - Disability Charity
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading disability charity, for a Senior Data Officer. This is an excellent opportunity to join in a key role reporting to the Database and Data Resource Manager within the charity’s Fundraising department.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop and deliver accurate data information to Fundraising teams through building and maintaining a robust and accurate database of supporters and executing data selections. To develop and enforce internal policies and improving data flows.
To ensure the best usage of data to maximise income in line with the Fundraising strategy and individual business plans.
- To agree data briefs for bespoke fundraising campaigns, including scheduling, selection criteria, segmentation.
- To develop and deliver accurate data selections, using Raiser’s Edge, managing also multiple and conflicting requests and ensuring that schedules are met.
- To receive, manipulate and process data files from internal and external sources for prompt import to Raiser’s Edge.
- To generate reports as requested for income reporting and analysis purposes, including key performance indicator reports.
- To develop and enforce internal policies, SLA agreements and training materials for Raiser’s Edge users.
- To undertake regular data cleansing to ensure the data is robust and accurate.
- To provide database information and reports to the Finance team to ensure the database correlates with management accounts.
- To trouble-shoot where there have been problems with datasets.
- To make recommendations for improvements in data quality, structure, data flows, segments and ways to support the Fundraising data requirements.
- To provide training, advice and support to Raiser’s Edge users, and where necessary, work with the IT team to resolve user problems.
- To cover any data resourcing as required in the Database team, including tasks relating to donation processing.
- To be an advocate for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- To contribute to embed a data culture within the Charity organisation.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- To have significant experience of Raisers’ Edge for data selection and maintenance.
- To have significant experience of data manipulation and reporting.
- To have demonstrable experience of database marketing requirements including segmentation.
- To be a data enthusiast.
- To have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of the Charity organisation.
Key competencies & skills
- To have strong IT skills and technical knowledge, including an in-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- To have a good understanding of the Data Protection Act and GDPR, including implications for data capture in a fundraising environment.
- To have an understanding of the role of a database in implementing fundraising or marketing campaigns.
- To have a high level of attention to detail.
- To be able to work on multiple deadlines with a tidy and methodical approach.
- To have technical trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- To have advanced knowledge of standard Microsoft Office packages, particularly Access and Excel.
- To be able to work under pressure.
- To have project management skills.
- To have good communication skills.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- To be highly numerate.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- All duties and responsibilities within this job description to be carried out in accordance with current Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)