VAT Manager - Advisory
This is a rare opportunity to carve your own career in a newly created role within a well-established Top 20 practice. You will work alongside the VAT Director in providing VAT advisory services to a variety of clients.
The firm is a Top 20 practice with offices based across London and nationally. In London they are looking to grow their VAT presence but the role more broadly covers areas outside of London such as Kent and Reading. The client portfolio is varied and interesting, and although not sector specific, spans leisure & hospitality, construction & property, charity and education. The vision of the department is to build the VAT team in London over the course of 2017, beginning with the next direct report to the VAT director. As a newly created role, there is flexibility in the level at which you will join, depending on your experience and technical expertise. This is an opportunity to carve your own career and be a part of an exciting transition for the firm.
As VAT Assistant Manager/Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing expert specialised advisory services for the firm's portfolio.
- Work will involve review of compliance and company registration but the bulk of compliance is outsourced.
- Liaising with the VAT Director and Partners, ensuring all clients VAT issued are managed correctly.
- Working with the wider business, providing technical support to teams and more junior staff.
- Developing the firm's VAT practice, including involvement in the recruitment and development of new starters.
- Identifying opportunities to develop new and existing clients
- Able to work autonomously, but not afraid to ask questions or for help when needed.
- Practical experience applying up to date knowledge of VAT issues in either a Practice environment or HMRC
- CTA or ATII qualified, or with relevant experience and strong technical understanding
- Good communicator and confident working with clients and senior colleagues alike
- Enthusiastic and driven
- A desire to build a successful team in line with the vision of the firm
- Top 20 accountancy practice
- A 'blank page' for you to write your own career path
- City of London
- Broad and varied client portfolio
- 100% advisory
- Competitive salary