Management Accountant - Accounts Receivable - Retail
We're growing, we’re busy! Funky retail organisation who operate globally have a new and exciting part qualified management accountant role to oversee all aspects of accounts receivable. If you want to work for a forward thinking brand in a social, creative, outgoing, friendly environment get in touch now! This role would suit a talented, commercially minded part qualified ACCA or CIMA management accountant who ideally has retail and Navision experience.
Key Responsibilities - reporting to the FC:
- Implement and oversee robust controls around UK Accounts Receivable transactions including credit checking and application of credit limits
- Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable ageing analysis for review with Financial Controller
- Prepare Weekly Flash Sales report, and month end report.
- Month end Sales reports and commentary for the board pack.
- Prepare weekly credit note analysis and assist Customer Services and Operations teams with the authorisation and posting of customer credit / debit notes
- Ensure full and accurate month end cut off in respect of Accounts Receivable transactions
- Prepare weekly 20 week cash receipts forecast
- Implement and oversee robust controls around UK Accounts Receivable transactions including key supplier statement reconciliations
- Provide support and guidance as required to the US Finance function in respect of Accounts Receivable transactions and processes
- Assist with annual budgeting and regular forecasting processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum degree level educated preferred but not essential
- Part or nearly qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with minimum five years’ finance experience
- Strong MS Office skills ideally including advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables and logical formulae)
- Extensive experience of ERP systems - Ideally NAV or similar
- Extensive experience and knowledge of credit control
- Extensive stock experience within a retail or wholesale environment
Experience - the following experience is preferred but not essential:
- Experience of retail and / or wholesale sectors
- Experience of businesses with a high volume of low value transactions
- Experience of staff mentoring and development
Salary and benefits:
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Benefits (based on benefits from 2016 and subject to change):
- 2 weeks’ additional pay in December wages if peak trading target sales numbers are achieved. The peak trading period is considered to be the months of September, October and November.
- 5% -based on personal and company performance - Paid in March
- 1% company matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance (x1 salary)
- Holidays 22 days per annum
- 3 days additional leave at Christmas!