Senior IT Engineer
Senior IT Engineer
Up to £35k
We are looking for an experienced IT engineer who can help support and grow the IT function within a fast growing production business with multiple sites across Portsmouth.
Working on some exclusive projects for companies across the world, some of which include MOD projects, the company have seen some rapid growth and success and continue to grow.
The IT engineer will come into a small IT team but will help to grow the team by almost developing the entire function alongside the IT manager. This will include implementing new Hardware and servers, configuration and continuous support, along with the migration of multiple users to a new larger site in Portsmouth.
This is a 'hands on' Senior IT Engineer role providing both proactive and reactive technical support as well as implementing new technical solutions.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years + experience working in an IT Department or IT Support role
- ITIL and DPA Foundation certification
- Must hold full UK driving license
- Must hold either CCNA or CCNP as you will be working with and upgrading Cisco equipment.
- Experience with MPLS
- Storage solutions and switches
Technical Skills (desirable but not restricted to)
- HP ProLiant server hardware installation, configuration and support
- HP ProCurve network hardware installation, configuration and support
- NetApp FAS shared storage installation, configuration and support experience
- VMware installation and support experience
- Microsoft Windows Server installation and support experience
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 configuration and support experience
- Mobile Devices - Apple iPhone/iPad and Android
- Responsible for first, second and third line technical support to staff
- Assist with providing technical solutions to meet the business requirements
- Ensuring the security of the network and backup are met at all times - Fix or escalate if required
- Prepare documentation for common support issues and projects
- Act as a point of escalation for problems requiring senior technical assistance
- Candidates will at a later stage be required to work on an on-call basis as the company operated a 24/7 production facility. This is likely to be 1 in 4 or 6 weeks but not confirmed at this stage.
- Candidates will need to go through SC clearance so must have a British passport. This is due to the nature of some of the work the company completes for its customers.
For more information or to apply, please call /.