FourthLine are exclusively representing our retail banking client based in Peterborough to recruit for a dedicated Compliance Officer.
The main purpose of the Compliance officer is to review upcoming UK and EU prudential and conduct regulations to assist the bank with a regulatory change. The role is reporting directly into the "Head of" and I am interested in speaking to candidates with retail banking experience and knowledge of conduct and prudential regulations.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support the "Head of" in developing the Regulatory Compliance team.
- Conduct effective horizon scanning covering UK and EU regulations.
- Constant awareness of relevant prudential and conduct reg changes, provide support and advice on how to remain compliant.
- Provide internal stakeholders with regulatory updates and an overview of any upcoming regulations.
- Co-ordinate regulator audits, visits and information requests.
- Support the "Head of" with FCA consultation papers and thematic reviews.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Participate in industry forums to effectively respond to regulatory developments.
- Update Compliance manuals, policies and procedures.
- Support the "Head of" with prudential and regulatory changes.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge/Understanding of prudential and conduct regulation within FS.
- Able to interpret regulations and assess impact on the firm.
- Able to build relationships across wide stakeholder network.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working within a compliance function.
If you feel like this role may be of interest then please send your CV to Connor Franks.
A full job description is available upon an initial conversation.