DevOps Lead Engineer
DevOps Lead Engineer - DevOps,DevOps Engineer,Site Reliability Engineer,Site reliability engineer jobs,Devops Jobs,Linux Jobs,Cloud Jobs, AWS Jobs,MySQL,SQL,Software Development,Operations,Ops,Linux,Unix,Infrastructure,AWS,Amazon Web Services,Cloud,Cloud Solutions,Redhat,Java,Docker,Chef,Puppet,Jenkins,CI,CD,Saas £65k-£75k + Benefits
We are seeking a high calibre individual to become the "go to" person for all things DevOps for the UK. This company are at the forefront of Enterprise Saas and seek someone to become the 1st dedicated DevOps Engineer in the UK & to take the Lead role with regards to building a robust DevOps culture. Is this you?
This job is very much a hands on role; holding responsibility for a 24/7 cloud system with some 40 million end users. A big part of your role will be centred around scalability, availability & performance of this system; supporting and managing what is in place, ensuring the systems grows and evolves and coming up with new ways to better deployment and maintenance strategy.
We're mad for all things automation, as we expect you will be too, you will play an important role when it comes to the continuous integration pipeline; used by multiple agile teams. In the first year of this role you will;
- React to live issues across production - support and resolve production issues.
- Lead on the development of DevOps within the business.
- Collaborate towards proactive improvements in the way our agile teams create and deploy software, whilst also monitoring & alerting systems and processes.
- Drive improvements in load testing & be instrumental in capacity planning and strategy
- Implement large scale containerisation strategies.
- Work in tandem with the Agile teams & Automate the SDLC for agile production teams.
Skills & Experience for the DevOps Lead Engineer will include a combination of;
- Supporting complicated large scale cloud deployed services that includes continuous integration.
- Enterprise level instrumentation/monitoring tools. Examples - New Relic, Solar Winds, and Extra Hop.
- Container technology experience. Examples - Swarm, Docker, Kubernettes.
- Prior experience in a software development environment, as part of an agile team. Any of the following-Jenkins, Circle CI, Junit, Java, JMeter, Gatling, Riak, MySQL, Couchbase.
- Load balancing & concept/usage understanding whilst also being able to carry out basic configuration alterations.
- Network troubleshooting, understanding of routing protocol and its configurations. Ideally with experience with CDN's such as AKAmai.
- Knowledge of common failure patterns in cloud and distributed systems.
- Basic database skills. SQL, stored procedures & basic performance tuning.
- BASH or alternatives for shell scripting.
- Deploying releases and hotfixes to test environments and production data centres.
What would make you stand out to us for this role?
- Some form of engineering degree or professional qualification.
- Previous experience within a decision making lead role, that has elements of software development & infrastructure/application support.
- Excellent communicative skills, able to communicate effectively to global teams & labs.
- Strong Linux experience - Redhat ideally
- In depth understanding of JVM and tools to aid optimisation.
- Exposure to Java programming & Knowledge of automating SDLC's.
- Familiarity of continuous integration pipeline implementation.
Excellent starting salary based on skills & experience - £65k-£75k + bonus & benefits. If you have a blend of the above skills and experience, a passion for DevOps we can have a confidential conversation about this opportunity - please send your CV for consideration.