My clients, a high profile civil engineering contractor for the utilities industry are looking to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Manager. The role is focused on leading a team of Regional Health and Safety Advisors to ensure the delivery of the health and safety strategy across the organisation. The organisation has long term contracts with the largest utility providers across water, gas, and electricity.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable leadership and management skills with the ability to gain respect and communicate at all levels.
Purpose of the job:
- To provide leadership on QHSE issues for the company.
- To develop, maintain and implement the companies QHSE Management systems and external registrations.
- To lead a team of 6 health and safety advisors
Key job responsibilities:
- Shall be able to delivery of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements defined in current company policies & procedures.
- Liaise with bodies to maintain best practice and report on changes to standards
- Make proper and timely assessment of risks and implement necessary control measures
- Keep abreast of current legislation, guidance, standards, best practice and all client specific requirements, such as Network Rail standards and ensure that changes are incorporated into the management systems
- Organise and control the QHSE Manual and associated procedures
- Ensure continued compliance with legal requirements
- Schedule and complete audits and inspections, ensure that they are carried out and verify that corrective actions are completed effectively.
- Coordinate the external and internal training of employees
- Perform the role of sentinel coordinator, including ensuring that PTS qualified staff have their re-training, medical and D&A requirements identified prior to expiry and renewed with RISQS approved suppliers.
- Ensure that these responsibilities are discharged for all projects including all Network Rail and London Underground Operations.
- Monitor TFL Competencies and QUENSH.
- Provide a lead on sustainability issues for the company
·NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and 5 years experience in QHSE Management
·Professional memberships i.e. IOSH or IIRSM