Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading corporate organisation to be responsible for sourcing and purchasing, ensuring that value for money is provided through a number of activities such as cross functional development of sourcing strategies, procurement of sourcing events and robust post contract management.
You'll be given the opportunity to use your experience to work cross functionally to develop, enhance, and embed category procurement strategies. You will also be required to perform a full range of procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation, and preparation of contracts. Experience of sourcing in Public Contracts is preferable as is an MCIPS qualification, although not essential.
You will have experience of managing a range of suppliers developing positive relationships aligned to business objectives. In addition to this you will be able to identify cost reduction and efficiency opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading, growing organisation with the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. Our client invests heavily in their people via training and development, offering fantastic career progression potential.
Skills and Experience:
• A varied and successful procurement background and experience of negotiating, developing and implementing procurement strategies
• The ability to communicate strategies and concepts simply and effectively to persuade and influence stakeholders
• Proven contract and supplier management experience, sound commercial aptitude and good knowledge of supply markets
• Knowledge of appropriate EU Directives and pre and post contract management techniques (preferable)
• MCIPS or equivalent standard certification (preferable)
• Well-organised, driven, customer-focused and determined to continually strive for improvement
• Personable, resilient and charismatic and comfortable leading, motivating and engaging staff and communicating with people at all levels of a business
• Adept at evaluating complex factors, and make decisions that give win/win outcomes