Billing Clerk / Credit control - Birmingham - full time - law firm
Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property law Firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property Firms in the UK.
Our recently refurbished, bright and modern Birmingham office is located in the City Centre.
Have you recently completed or partly completed an accounting qualifcation? Then this might be your first job in an accounting/finance department. Full training on the Firm's systems will be provided.
Forresters are currently recruiting a full time Billing Clerk (maternity cover) for the Birmingham Office. The Billing Clerk will assist the co-ordinators in the day to day activities relating to clients' requirements for an electronic billing solution. Some flexibility will be required and duties will be organised according to business needs.
The post holder must be able to work as part of a team and take a customer services orientated view of their role. Providing a quality and professional service to all internal customers and to assist in meeting the E-Billing requirements of the firm.
- Work on daily reports to identify where bills exist on the system that need electronic submission and act accordingly.
- Maintaining data on E-Billing vendor websites e.g. Timekeeper IDs , rates & matter names.
- Produce and submit bills to intermediaries in required formats.
- Assist with testing and implementation of new E-Billing formats.
- Provide input and assistance in the development of procedural training/documentation.
- Provide guidance and advice to secretaries and fee earners in relation to E-Billing requirements.
- Deal with queries and rejection of bills by E-Billing vendors.
- Some credit control duties.
- Any other ad hoc Accounts Assistant duties.
Skills and requirements:
- A flexible approach to work organisation.
- An ability to communicate at all levels via email, telephone and face to face.
- Demonstrable IT skills, particularly MS Excel and web-based applications.
- An understanding of billing deadlines and impact on revenue.
- Billing and/or E-billing knowledge would be an advantage, but full training can be provided.
- Ideally knowledge of Tymetrix, CounselLink and Serengeti systems, but not mandatory.
- Friendly and enthusiastic.
- A proactive versatile team player.
- A keen awareness of, and the ability to apply, procedural guidelines.
- Articulate and professional in manner.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and develop skills.
Education and Qualifications:
- Any qualification in accounting either completed or partly completed would be an advantage.
Start date: Negotiable
- £16,000 - £18,000, depending on experience.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- 20 days of annual leave increasing to 25 days, in addition to UK bank holidays.
- Bonus scheme and regular salary review
- 35 hour week.
- Flexible working - core hours.
- Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Health Cash plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care vouchers
Applications should include a C.V. and a covering letter.
Please apply by email to Alena Wilken.
Applicants must have a right to work and live in the UK.
Strictly no agencies.