HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for an Electrician. You will use appropriate trade skills to provide installation, testing, examination and maintenance works within the prison. You will assist and support both the Facilities Manager and allied trades.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP Forest Bank is one of the largest prisons in the UK and demonstrates custodial excellence in many areas with an emphasis on risk assessment, addressing comprehensive needs and forming strong links with the community outside which all contribute to reducing reoffending.
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£25,692.75 + 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
You will be required to work one weekend in 6, from 8.00 til 12.00 - then get time off in lieu.Main responsibilities
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to all electrical systems where suitably trained within the establishment.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out and report in detail any substandard or defective equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on electrical systems and fixtures
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required
- All work to be carried out by the relevant trade Standards
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Undertake duties, as required that contribute to the effective operation of the prison.
- Carry out, out of hours call out procedures on an “On Call” rota system and take appropriate action
- Work in accordance to Sodexo’s policies and procedures
- High level of personal skills
- Have a positive approach to Health and Safety
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
- Ability to work to correct time schedules and deadlines.
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship and obtained relevant trade qualification
- Ability to perform tasks alone or in a team to a high standard without constant supervision
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.