Occupational Therapy Assistant
Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our team in Walthamstow, London on a part-time basis. You will be required to work 22.5 hours per week and we offer flexibility on which days you work.
As our Occupational Therapy Assistant, you will work as part of the Home Improvement Agency`s Occupational Therapy Team, carrying out routine assessments and preparing design briefs for straightforward adaptations such as stair lifts. You will also be liaising with contractors and the HIA`s Surveyors to arrange estimates for adaptation works while ensuring any adaptations are completed in accordance with the design brief and meet the needs of the client.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience of carrying out such adaptations and holds practical knowledge and understanding of people with disabilities and the installation of stair lifts etc. You will need to be flexible with travel to carry out home visits including using your own vehicle, bicycle or public transport.
About the role:
- To make recommendations for adaptations with appropriate clinical supervision based on a thorough assessment of need and sound evidence-based reasoning
- Prepare relevant design briefs and drawings for adaptations using appropriate design software
- Arrange estimates for equipment where necessary from the HIA`s contractors
- Assess and identify potential risks and manage these accordingly by seeking supervision, ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are being met at all times
- Ensure the HIA`s clients receive the appropriate level of advice and support, referring clients on to other professionals or agencies as required, particularly with regard to equipment, minor adaptations and/or income maximisation
- Carry out any necessary administrative tasks including writing reports, maintaining accurate and up to date client records and case notes, and assisting in compiling data for periodic monitoring reports
- Ensure clients, their families and referral agencies are kept informed of progress with individual cases and to attend cases conferences/presentations as necessary with regard to more complex cases
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Disabled Facilities Grants and how they can be used to enable disabled people to live safely and well in their own homes.
What we`re looking for from you:
- Significant experience working as an OTA (ideally 5+ years)
- The ability to prepare design briefs, basic specifications and drawings showing room layouts using appropriate design software
- Trusted Assessor accreditation or the ability to achieve this within the probationary period (subject to a place on a suitable courses being available)
- Experience of using Visio, idapt or similar for the preparation of drawings and specifications
- Knowledge and practical experience of Foundations` Case Manager database
- Basic knowledge of welfare benefits, especially disability related benefits
** Interviews will take place on Monday 6th March **
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Should this role be of interest please submit your CV via the apply link including a supporting statement indicating why you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this position.