Cisco Solution Design Architect
Cisco Solution Design Architect required by market leading Managed Unified Communications and Contact Centre Services Consultancy based in the City of London. The Cisco Solution Design Architect will join my client at an exceptional time, supporting clients in 100 different countries via our UK-based Network Operations Centre and our in-house technical, engineering and professional services teams, as well as via our established network of global partners.
Our client need an individual to provide consultative services for UK and Global Clients, with specific responsibility for advising clients on turnkey solutions which maximise the technology and services provided.
This position is UK based but will require travel to client meetings in the UK and in mainland Europe. The role would suit an experienced Pre-sales specialist or consultant looking to leverage existing skills in our core technology partners in an environment where there will be no shortage of interesting technical and sales challenges.
Day to day duties of the Cisco Solution Design Architect:
- Accurately identify customers’ technical specifications and requirements.
- Complete and author technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses
- Develop and finalize solution architecture/design and detailed line item configurations and/or bill of materials (BOMs)
- Leading technical selection of 3rd party products and solutions, supporting Supply Chain Management in the procurement selection process,
- Provide Pre-sales support and guidance for Account Managers and Service Delivery Managers during the preparation of quotations.
- Provide consultative services to our clients and be a trusted adviser by assisting in the execution of business plans.
- Continually provide input on enhancing internal presales processes and develop new processes to create a more efficient workflow.
- Meet with internal team members to develop Technology Roadmap that will serve as a plan to align solutions, budget and timeline for the customer.
- Conduct knowledge transfers with the service delivery team regarding proposed products and solutions
- Lead and participate in Cisco marketing events, vendor relations, and Account Executive Education on Cisco solutions.
- Remain current on the latest technologies that align to our business initiatives.
- A background in working for a Cisco Partner, consultant or Integrator.
- Proven track record working in a technical pre-sales environment
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise voice design principles, products and protocols
- Experience positioning and selling Cisco Collaboration, Contact Centre and UC technologies
- Working knowledge of current contact centre voice, data, quality, and workforce management technologies a plus.
- Product knowledge of Data, Voice, IP, and converged communication solutions.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
- Solutions selling sales cycle understanding generating and presenting customer facing presentations
- Ability to draft/compile well written bills of material and statements of work
- Ability to form close working relationships with customer community, sub-contractors and manufacturers.
- Experience in Avaya, Nortel Enterprise, ShoreTel, and/or Microsoft Products would be a distinct advantage
Training and Education:
- HND/degree engineering or related qualification
- Experience and formal training on 2 or more of our technology partners’ portfolios
- CCNA & CCDP certifications must
- Cisco CCNP-Collaboration certification is highly desirable
- Cisco UCCE certification is highly desirable
This role comes with an excellent salary to £65,000 p/a, £7,000 car allowance, Pension + Commission (20% of Basic -on achieving Target).