Area Sales Manager- Automotive
Area Sales Manager
Automotive Aftermarket – Automotive OEM
An Area Sales / Business Development Manager based in the North of England is required to further develop Sales to an already thriving Emergency Vehicle sector.
Area’s covered – Cheshire, South Yorkshire, North Wales and upwards, Ireland and Scotland
£35-40k + Bonus + Car + Exceptional Benefits Package + Pension + Ongoing Training / Career Development
Our client is a major player in the development, manufacture and sales of their product type throughout various industries specifically including the Emergency Services market but also including; automotive, OEM, aftermarket, off highway, agricultural and commercial vehicle sectors.
With global locations they operate on an international scale, this position offers huge scope for a dynamic and professional Business Developer looking to exceed performance expectations.
- Selling products to the auto/electrical market, it would be desirable to have some experience within a previously similar role and/or exposure to working with vehicle electrics however, this is not essential, as the electrical /wiring knowledge can be taught within a reasonable period of time.
- It is essential that you will be able to demonstrate levels of efficient planning and organization, due to the size of the territory to be covered. The current customer base is made up of approximately 250 companies, with approximately 40 of these contributing the main part of the territory’s annual volume.
- Also it is important that you are able to demonstrate effective sales skills and techniques which will enable the building of personal relationships, and assist in business development. There is the need to demonstrate the company’s products and effectively ‘close’ on all possible sales opportunities.
- A level of maturity and personality is expected, along with the experience of using basic computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Our client is looking for an effective and dynamic salesperson to fit within the UK team, and is offering an extensive training package as well as an excellent remuneration.
- Commitment and enthusiasm will be key criteria for the person who fills this role, along with a positive understanding and acceptance of the ongoing need for account development within existing and ‘new prospective customers’ across all main sectors within the emergency services market.
- Academic qualifications are not as important as 'hands on' ability and genuine dynamism within such a role. However, for the purpose of career development and management succession within the group, a level of preference may be shown towards previous qualifications achieved.
Interested in the position of Area Sales Manager (North of England)? Then please email your current CV to Gary Horwood of Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2535 GH
Established over 18 years Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial Recruitment Agency dealing with successful manufacturers within these sectors.