Corporate FM Conracts Manager
Southwark has an incredibly diverse range of buildings, offices and leisure facilities, making it a real mix of old and new. Located south of the River Thames, Southwark extends into south-east London, encompassing some of the capital’s cultural hotspots, vibrant communities and acclaimed green spaces.
Southwark is home to world-famous attractions such as the Tate Modern, Borough Market and Tower Bridge. The area is undergoing major regeneration, as evidenced by the rise of the landmark Shard building
A large number of employees are based in buildings at Tooley Street and Queens Road. These offices help the Council to be more efficient while staff benefit from the modern facilities and excellent transport links at both locations.
Build Recruitment are currently working in partnership with Southwark Council in their search for a Corporate FM Contracts Manager, based at their new flagship building on Tooley Street. The role is a permanent position and will pay between £42,228 – £48,690 per annum. The Corporate FM Contracts Manager will provide efficient, effective, economic and compliant contracting and procurement services delivering a comprehensive raft of contractual arrangements, meeting the current and future needs of the councils non-housing estate.
- Lead and manage the delivery of contracts and procurement activity developing robust relationships with external contractors and internal stakeholders for the whole of the council.
- Be responsible for the management of the CFM contracts, ensuring compliance to Contracts Standing Orders (CSO), legislation and best practice. Ensuring cost effective processes and systems are in place to achieve best value in all contracted services.
- Manage and develop systems and processes that support the Councils key objectives and manage all suppliers in a professional manner, driving efficiencies and ensuring value for money, accuracy of invoicing and regular monthly reporting that ensure Key Performance Indicators are monitored and reported.
- Prepare, monitor and control the contract and procurement spend profile for CFM by liaising with the Business Performance Manager, and making an active contribution to the development of the divisions long, medium and short term business objectives.
- Ensure that all council policies in relation to energy efficiency and sustainability are addressed in the corporate FM strategic plan.
- Define and implement improvements to business processes and role changes within the contracting team to achieve Divisional priorities and strategic objectives
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BIFM qualification or evidence of ongoing professional development in Contract Management
- Previous experience of developing customer/client relationships in a large multi-site blue chop or government organisation.
- Previous experience of NEC3 contracts, or other Government Procurement Solution contracts in a multi-site blue chip or government organisation
- Experience of managing circa £8m multi supplier contracts
- Previous budgetary control of capital and revenue spend in excess of £5m
We welcome applications from all sectors, so if you’d like to have a more confidential conversation about this position, please contact our retained advisor Daniel Bamford –