Desktop Support Analyst
Our professional and corporate client based in Brentwood are currently looking for a Desktop Support Analyst to provide support to users as required, through efficient and effective management of the Issues Log, and logging of telephone requests.
- Primary point of contact for the Service Desk
- Diagnose and fix or escalate incidents submitted to the Service Desk
- Support users in the use of computer equipment and applications
- Provide assistance to ensure the servers run optimally, working protectively to pre-empt any problems.
- Maintain users.
- Maintain printing systems.
- Maintain the Intranet, being responsible for updating software and content.
- Assume responsibility for compliant equipment disposal
- Monitor network performance and escalate errors and anomalies.
- Document support procedures and system configurations
- Assist with administration of desktop and network based applications and infrastructure, and provide absence cover
- Keep abreast of windows security updates
- Diagnose Swift system errors, and recognise which ones will need involvement from programmers
- Install new IT equipment, eg servers, PCs, printers etc.
- Work unsociable hours as required to meet the needs of the business
- Assist with major incident handling as required
- Offer ideas for team improvement
Proven experience of Windows System Administration
Experience of Systems Administration using Linux
Ability to use system monitoring tools
Experience of using network printers is desirable.
Good networking capabilities, ie TCP/IP, is desirable.
Ability to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines
Strong communication skills
Experienced team play with flexible approach
Proven experience in troubleshooting to rapidly resolve technical problems
Noble Recruiting are an equal opportunities employer. Please note that due to a high number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.